jueves, diciembre 01, 2005

BIG GIRLS KNOW HOW TO MAKE FIRE*

 
Dear J.,
One of the first things anyone can notice about you is that your eyes are wiser than your body. That’s before you say any word, because then you can see where all that wisdom comes from.
You are a “fire maker”, honoring your last name in every step of the way. You’ve enlightened our hearts just by being who you are, and we are very grateful for that.
We all know we cannot have with us everything we want (not even the ones we love) but still it will be hard for most of us to cope with your absence. We are really going to miss you.
But we know it would be selfish not to share this wonderful human being with the rest of the world. You still have lots of hearts to touch, lots of lives to enlighten, lots of places to visit…
In Chile you went from North to South. That’s why you are receiving with this letter an ausipa archer, from Azapa Valley and a Kotaix “Cornudo” from the Chilean Patagonia. From the North of Chile you are taking the strength of our people, from the South you are going back with the beauty fixed in your eyes. From the centre of this country you are taking a piece of our hearts, traveling with you to South Africa, to England, to India… to anywhere you call home.
Best of lucks,
Your loving Chilean friends.

* This is the letter we wrote to my dear friend J. in her first farewell. This 23 years old beautiful girl was crucial in my "I Crisis" (do you remember "Una Menos"?). She was wise enough to guide me through the process of clearing up and confronting my feelings. To accept my mistakes and apologize for them to someone I loved and had hurt was not easy, and she supported me all the way.
We had such a great time together, but what impresses me the most is the depth of our conversations. She is absolutely outsanding and, as it is said in the letter, I am grateful to fate for having the honor of knowing her.
May be it is not casual that her last name is Light.
J: It has been a pleasure. I know we will keep on touch and may be, some day, we will be in the same table anywhere in the world, drinking a good Chilean wine, a nice Venezuelan rum or a South African Amarula Cream. In the mean time I'll be missing you a lot and praying for your happiness. Posted by Picasa

1 comentario:

Planeta Urupagua dijo...

I can see something intense in that letter, the goal is to fortify it in spite of the distances.

Venezuelan Rum & Fun: Nice

Salud